About Eric Kjelshus Energy
Serving Kansas City Since 1972
Our commitment to quality and dedication to excellence in customer care has made Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling the #1 heating and cooling services company in the Kansas City Metro Area.
Our expertise includes residential & commercial heating and air conditioning, solar power installation & service, energy audits and assessments, weatherization, insulation & energy efficiency and conservation through the implementation of energy saving techniques, installation of Energy Star Qualified equipment and renewable energy such as solar & geothermal.
Our well-stocked, radio-dispatched service vehicles offer immediate attention and prompt, reliable, same-day service for an emergency repair, replacement or maintenance of a plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or electrical problem or equipment service. Our expert technicians are competent, clean and efficient. All of our employees are drug tested, pass criminal background checks and receive ongoing training.
We’re confident that once you meet one of our trained professional technicians, and sample our expert service, you will want to do business with us again and again and refer us to your friends and relatives. If you have questions about our services or the comfort system in your home, please call us at 816-537-5100.
About Our Owner – Eric Kjelshus
Over 40 Years of Experience
Eric has been in the heating and cooling industry for over 40 years, founding Eric Kjelshus Energy Heating and Cooling in 1972 to offer Kansas City a heating and air conditioning company committed to service, quality and energy conservation.
Eric is an industry leader in energy efficient heating and cooling techniques and over the years has been published in numerous industry publications and spoken at several national HVAC conferences on topics related to building science and energy efficiency.
Awards & Certifications
- Contractor of the Year 2001-3 Air Contractors of America
- Duct Design 1st Place T.E.A.M.
- ACCA adjusting for Peak Efficiency 2002 Annual Conference
- Comfortech 2001 Looking for Holes- Nashville, TN
- Quality Home Comfort Award- Contractor Business 2003
- BPI GoldStar Contractor – Eric Kjelshus is a BPI GoldStar Building Analyst
- N.A.T.E. Certified Technicians – Gas Furnaces, Air to Air Heat Pump, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Air Distribution, Air Conditioning, Oil Furnaces, Service & Installation
- National Balancing Institute – HVAC Airflow Diagnostics & Air Balancing
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society – Heat Pumps Service Technician
- Block Master Mechanical – Master Pipe Fitter & HVAC & Refrigeration Supervisor
- Building Performance Institute – Carbon Monoxide Analyst & Building Analyst
- Missouri Heat Pump Association – Heat Pump Certification Program
- Missouri Gas Energy Preferred Professional Contractor